How to create a channel in Yandex Zen and earn money on it
This question has been troubling the minds of Internet users for more than a year now.
Quite quickly, like mushrooms after rain, groups and channels appeared on various sites, which have only two parameters:
- There is a lot of meaningless motivation and loud phrases that the channel in Yandex Zen is a gold mine on which anyone can get rich literally within one week.
- “Subscribe to us on the Internet and we will teach you how to channel in Yandex Zen, but to earn millions, you must buy our online Zen course.”
I will immediately say that if you see similar proposals, examples of which I gave above, immediately leave. This is the wiring. You will not find anything useful from these closed groups, public pages or channels, but you will only spend time. Not to mention the fact that if you come up with the idea of spending money to purchase this course, you will only get a pack of motivational mud.
In this article, I will tell you step by step how to create a channel in Yandex Zen and how to bring it to monetization completely legally, without using “gray” methods. In fact, this is a working case with real examples.
Creating a channel in Yandex Zen
I will give you the information here very briefly, so as not to be sprayed, as all those who “sell” their pseudo-courses to you do, that is, clearly, on points, without water.
- Go to the Yandex site and start the mail (the name of the mail does not matter).
- You have registered an account, entered the necessary data, which the system will ask you to specify.
- Go to the yandex home page and write in the search bar: “yandex zen”. The search engine will provide you with a link, click on it and click the “become an author” button.
- You will be redirected to the created page of your future channel in Yandex Zen, where you will create materials for readers. There will be 3 articles on the page about what Zen is and how to use it.
After that, you will need to fill out the profile as you see fit, an example in the screenshot below:
- Set the logo of your channel and give it a description;
- Specify additional links to other social networks;
- Add a mobile phone number, you will need it when you enable monetization;
Once you have reached monetization (you have passed the threshold of 7,000 full reads for 7 consecutive days), you can safely connect Yandex. Metrica. Here is a separate article about how to connect Yandex Metrica to Zen.
I want to make a reservation right away that this article is written in real time. This means that I opened the channel just a few days ago and almost immediately started writing an article. That is, everything you read happened in real time.
Initially, I came up with the idea that it would be a good idea to make a channel about what applications are available for the Android platform, and do a little analysis of them. I wrote a few articles and realized that I didn’t. This is not something that is not interesting to the readers of the channel.
Then I decided to check how Zen users react to the format of narratives, but not by apps, but by wallpapers for mobile devices.
Example of a narrative:
After that, an article was written with the same wallpaper, but already inside the article.
You know, users respond very well to both narratives and articles that address their love for the fairer sex. Just below I will give examples of channel statistics for just three days from the moment of its launch, so that you understand how quickly you can develop a channel in Yandex Zen.
Statistics on articles on the channel for 3 days from the moment of its creation:
Statistics on narratives for the three days since the channel was created:
With the naked eye, you can see that narratives bring a huge amount of read-throughs to the channel. Articles do not play a big role, although they are read and put likes on them. Certainly.
Your tasks when you created a channel in Yandex Zen:
- Choose a topic that is interesting to a large circle of people;
- Choose a topic that is interesting to a large circle of people;
- Choose a topic that is interesting to a large circle of people; You give the channel 1 hour of time per day – this is enough;
- Upload new content at least twice a day;
- Collect as many likes and subscribers as possible, and constantly expand your audience. Your PERSONAL INCOME depends on the number of read-throughs of articles and narratives! This is not a motivational call – it is a fact.
At the moment, after testing the channel (created from scratch) for 6 days of active work, the result is shown in the screenshot below:
This data shows the following:
- With constant daily work, the channel of almost any topic is absolutely realistic to use for collecting traffic;
- Subscribers in Zen are added quite actively, on average 1-2 people a day;
- The larger / wider the channel’s audience, the better.
If you take my example specifically, the situation is as follows:
The name of the channel does not play any role for the audience. Initially, it was created in order to attract subscribers to the channel in telegram, but the Yandex Zen audience is not interested in this.
The channel description may play some role, but the data is not yet available, since I plan to connect the metric only after the channel passes the threshold of 7000 full reads. Why did I decide to do this, not collect statistics right here and now? Because I thought it would be more convenient for me. Someone connects the statistics immediately.
Current Channel Karma:
As you can see from the screenshot above, the channel’s karma is now extremely low. It is not zero, but the data is collected once a week. Next week, I will post new indicators that can be compared and draw conclusions, so far there is not enough data.
Yandex Zen channel in 7 days
So, a week has passed since the channel was launched. At the moment, the general data is as follows:
From what has changed:
- The channel’s audience grew from 0 to 1112.
- The number of subscribers increased from 0 to 16.
- Karma dropped from 19 to 17.
- The read-through counter has not been reset as expected, but continues to fill up.
In addition to these data, it was possible to fix an additional time. Statistics that are shown on the main profile page, as in the screenshot above, do not correspond to the information in the general statistics section, which is displayed in a separate tab. Lagging behind the general statistics is an average of 299-300 full reads.
- The channel’s karma depends solely on the number of articles. The more articles and read-throughs, the higher the karma, respectively. Within a week, I will conduct additional tests to confirm or deny this information.
- Most of the read-throughs go to the very first publications.
- The darker the background of the narrative and the brighter its title, the more attractive it is to the audience.
- Content that stands out from the general mass, in this case, articles about android apps, does not attract the audience at all.
- Any mention of members of the opposite sex draws attention to the channel.
- The most effective narrative in terms of the number of read – throughs is the one that contains 10 screens.
- Keywords play an important role in the promotion of the channel, but to confirm or refute these data will only be possible after connection of the metric.
Experiment through a channel in Yandex Zen
For 14 days, an experiment was conducted, which consisted in how the channel in Yandex Zen can be promoted through texts in foreign languages. The results that can be seen at the moment are as follows:
- Pictures of beautiful girls on the phone – decide 52-52.
- Beautiful girls on the phone – Tajik language – 130 complete books.
- Beautiful girls like Smartphone wallpaper – Azerbaijani language – 73 complete books.
- Beautiful girls on your smartphone’s tape – Yiddish – 64 full read
- Beautiful pictures of girls for smartphones – Dutch – 69 full reads.
- Beautiful girls on your smartphone Wallpape – Spanish – 31 full reads.
As you can see from the above list, the most popular content is the one that is adapted to the former republics of the Soviet Union, where the eastern nature of the attitude towards women prevails.
Moreover, when creating content, it is necessary to take into account that the title of the post, description and keywords must be either in the language of the country to whose residents it is addressed, or in English.
During the two weeks of the experiment, an interesting feature of statistics was also noticed. There are 2 parameters: statistics, which is displayed on the author’s page, where all the published records and narratives are listed , and a separate page for statistics (on which the data is more accurate). The gap between these 2 channels is: 1166 full reads. The data is cumulative: both narratives and end-reads.
So, recently I received another data about my channel in Yandex Zen. To begin with, I want to say the following. In total, the channel was brought to 7,000 full reads in 12 days.
Here is the current data for today:
The next 2 simple steps that will need to be done are:
Assign a name to the channel or give it a short link, which is done in just a few seconds. Choose the optimal link for the channel, which will be free. There are no specific recommendations here.
After that, you will need to connect Yandex. Metrica. There is nothing complicated here. The process is quite easy and simple. It is described in detail in this article: “How to connect your Yandex. Metrica to Zen?”
Now it remains to wait until the channel is assigned the status on the basis of which it will be given monetization – and this experiment can be considered complete.
Main conclusions of the experiment:
- Creating a channel is easy.
- It is not difficult to find content for it.
- To quickly display the channel up to 7000 pages, you need to publish content in the format of narratives.
- The number of narratives should be about 10 pieces per day. Each narrative should contain from 9-10 screens. Accordingly, you will need 700-1000 images in order to get the maximum number of pages.
- When publishing a narrative, the following matters: the background of the publication (preferably dark), the presence of keywords, according to what is published in the narrative. Regular publication – 2 narratives every 2-3 hours.
- Articles are also important, but only to create some additional visibility on the channel, if you put the main emphasis on narratives.
- There is no point in focusing on certain language groups. They are insignificant, but if you use them, it is optimal to choose the former Soviet republics with a predominance of Muslims in them.
- In my case, we used content that does not need additional processing. If your goal is to create a blog for a specific company, then prepare for the fact that it will be very difficult to reach a large audience and in that case you will have to use the article format of promotion. For example, if it concerns real estate.